This weekend was a solid 8.5/10. Any weekend I get to wear my favorite t-shirt because it isn’t buried in the dirty laundry is automatically a good one:
– My boyfriend and I rode our bikes into and around the city. Had two near collisions because I am awfully inattentive and clumsy. With that said, New Yorkers should really try using their brakes more often. I promise it’s just as easy as using the horns.
– I had French toast with raspberry jam for breakfast on Saturday. Yum!
– I had Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast on Sunday. Double yum!
– Ate about five Nutella sandwiches this weekend. Quintuple yum! Their tagline should be “Everything’s better when covered in Nutella”. It’s ridiculous how much I love this stuff.
– I trimmed my bangs. It came out shorter than intended, but I quite like it.
– I got to watch Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. It was amazing. I never read the comics – nor had I known of their existence – but the movie was pure joy. It was hilarious, none of the jokes were overused, witty and completely unpretentious. I know I missed most references made (save for the X-Men one, for which I was proud) but the movie still delivered. The comic book-ness of it all was visually stimulating and entertaining. I would watch it again, no bones about it.
– We took Izzy to the dog park. I am endlessly entertained by watching dogs roll around in dirt, chase and collide with each other, and owners scrambling around frantically trying to control it all.
– Went to friends’ house for dinner. While the stuffed peppers were great, the star of the night was their dog Jake. He’s insane and extremely high energy, but very intelligent and a total sweetheart. His antics put off my chubby, cranky, anti-social, old lady of a dog but he was relentless. It was a treat to watch him egg Izzy on.